Frequently asked questions
Alternative and complementary therapeutic practices refer to any health treatment not typically standard in Western medical approaches to healing, such as acupuncture. Technically, “alternative” treatments are used in place of conventional medicine; when used alongside standard medical practices, alternative approaches are referred to as “complementary” medicine.
A regular therapeutic course of acupuncture sessions can:
- Relieve pain
- increase energy
- Improve mood and body function
- Bring the body into balance
- Can assist with unblocking emotional distress.
- Helps you get a better rest as it has been shown to aid with the regulation of sleeping patterns
- Relieve the symptoms of allergies
- Decrease anxiety
- Help to relieve insomnia and improve sleep
- Reduce the effects of IBS
- Bring about relief from the effects stress
- Help to reduce cravings for smoking, weight loss & addictions
Your Initial Visit
On this first visit a certified TCM Acupuncturist will:
- review your health history in details
- review your lifestyle and health habits
- assess your conditions and concerns and prepare a
- personalized therapy treatment plan
- perform your first acupuncture or auricular acupuncture treatment
If you would like to discuss these or any therapeutic treatments please reach out to us.
New client forms
We encourage all new clients to download and review the new client intake forms. You can also print them if you wish and fill them out in advance of your first visit.
Alternative treatment options
It is a safe & effective alternative treatment where thin needles are inserted into specific anatomical points on the body to allow qi or energy to flow through meridians, which are pathways, that travel throughout the entire body. Acupuncture treats both the symptoms & root causes of illness or disease & stimulates the release of endorphins. Therapeutic effects include pain relief, increased energy, improved mood & body function. It helps to bring the body into balance .
Incorporated with massage therapy add $10 to length of treatment
A form of alternative medicine where needles are inserted into specific points in the ears, which are reflex to different parts of the body. This treatment can be very effective for allergies, anxiety, insomnia, IBS, & stress relief. There are also points to help reduce cravings for smoking, weight loss & addictions. Homecare may include the use of ear seeds which are attached to an adhesive tape to be stimulated by the client to help enhance the effectiveness of the specific outcome.